PixARK is entering 1.0 release, with a content update to 1.51. We appreciate your support and love for PixARK since we launched in Early Access. Today marks a new starting point for PixARK. We will continue to bring more content to PixARK for players to enjoy. Let’s continue our journey into PixARK together!
New servers and 1.51 patch are scheduled to be released at 1 am PDT on May 31st. In preparation of the new servers, we will be closing all Official Servers at 11 pm PDT on May 30th. When servers are brought back online, they will be back in a fresh, wiped state. All Official Server data has been saved, and the cut-off time was 7 am local time on May 29th for each server region. Players who are interested in obtaining old server data are encouraged to contact email@example.com. Please provide the name of your character, Steam ID, and the server you requested in the email. A tutorial will also be provided in terms of how to link the data to your single player mode or dedicated server mode.
The new Automation system brings a new system facilitating the streamlined pipeline of resource gathering, transportation, processing, and production when the devices are placed accordingly. The automation system consists of Transportation, Remote Transportation, Automatic Control and Automatic Bench/Facilities.
Automatic Arm: Requires power to work. It transports items between two facilities/containers. The Automatic Arm is craftable at level 55 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
Automatic Filter Arm: When powered, it transports designated items between two facilities/containers. Place the designated item in Automatic Filter Arm’s inventory to achieve filtered transportation. The Automatic Filter Arm is craftable at level 70 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
Automatic Fuel Arm: When powered, it transports fuel into the fuel slot inside benches and facilities. If the said bench or facility does not require fuel to function, or the container from which the Automatic Fuel Arm picks up the fuel does not contain the required fuel, the Automatic Fuel Arm will not operate. Available containers/facilities for transportation include benches with a fuel slot, and Automatic Storage Box. Other storage boxes are not available options for the automatic arm to interact with. The Automatic Fuel Arm is craftable at level 55 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
Automatic Conveyor Arm: When powered, it transports items between two distanced non-adjoining facilities/containers. The Automatic Conveyor Arm is craftable at level 55 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
Automatic Sender: When powered, it routinely remote-transports items inside its inventory to its matching receiver terminal. The Automatic Sender is craftable at level 80.
Automatic Receiver: Requires power to work. Select the desired sender terminal from the List of available terminals and click join, to pair them up. Click remove to de-pair. Receiver can pair up with senders inside a range of as far as 1,000 meters. One receiver can pair up with at much as 4 senders at the same time. Automatic Receiver is craftable at level 80.
Central Control Unit: When powered, it controls all benches and facilities connected to the same power grid, allowing players to remotely turn on or off the bench, execute crafting queue, and check real-time remaining resource amount. The Central Control Unit is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Miner: Requires Highly Efficient Gasoline to work. It automatically refines nearby ores, producing 3,000 shares of resource from 1 share of ore. The Automatic Miner is craftable at level 70 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
- Automatic Smithy: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Smithy is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Industrial Forge: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Industrial Forge is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Industrial Cooking Pot: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Industrial Cooking Pot is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Fabricator: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Fabricator can is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Chem Bench: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Chem Bench is craftable at level 80.
- Automatic Electrolytic Tank: Requires power to work, and can be remotely controlled by the Central Control Unit. The Automatic Electrolytic Tank is craftable at level 80.
Automatic Storage Box: The only available storage box that the automatic arms can interact with. The Automatic Storage Box is craftable at level 55 in PVE, and level 80 in PVP.
Breeding is now in PixARK so that you can foster tames that are more desirable.
- Before breeding, it is advisable to check the in-game bestiary to confirm if breeding is available for the desired species. Tame one male and one female breedable species will be the first step to breed.
- Once the couple is set to patrolling mode, they will automatically start mating, which is indicated by the three hearts. A mating progression bar is visible on the female. As the bar progresses to its fullness, mating completes.
- Distance restriction is applied to mating. If the couple is too far away from each other, mating will stop, and it will start from scratch once they are close to each other again. To keep the couple in close distance, it is suggested to press U to call them to stop, or build a small space to enclose them.
Gestation and Incubation
- Breeding can be done by incubation and gestation in PixARK.
- When the mating ends, gestatable female will be bred with pregnancy. Its pregnancy progression bar will show up when player character gets close it her. Gestation will be completed as the progression bar is filled up, and a new-born comes to the world of PixARK.
- A fertilized egg will be produced once the incubation couple finish their mating stage. The egg needs to be carefully preserved under suitable temperature for it to begin hatching. The hatching progression bar will show up when player character gets close to the egg. As the progression bar is filled up, a new-born comes out of the egg. It is advisable to be wary of the surrounding temperature, because hyperthermia and hypothermia will both stall the hatching and drain the egg’s HP.
- New-borns need to be claimed immediately after they are born. Otherwise, they will be running around and you risk losing it. For claimed babies, their growth is indicated by their growth progression bar, and their size grows as the progression bar increments.
- New-born babies are at the most vulnerable, so be sure to take good care of them once you claim the babies. They consume food faster, and can not be fed from feeding trough, so players you need to keep an eye out on the and constantly replenish their inventory with feed before it runs out. Once their growth progression reaches 5%, you can start putting feed into the feeding trough for them to eat.
- As the babies grow, Imprinting tasks will be available. Completing the task will increase the imprinting value, which attributes to stats increase when the babies grow up.
- Closely tied to their beloved caregivers, bred grown-ups with 100% imprinting will enjoy extra stats increase when mounted by the player who takes good care of them.
Stats of Offspring
~Firstly, the offspring will inherit the parents’ stats, randomly getting assigned one from the two per attribute and stat.
~Secondly, there is a possibility for the offspring to mutate and enjoy additional value on top of the inherited stats. The mutation chance is determined by how many levels the parents have increased since they are tamed or born. The more increase in their levels, the higher chance for the offspring to mutate.
Notes to Breeding
- Creatures can be sterile, and thus losing the ability to mate.
- Females can not mate again until a mating cooldown interval has passed. Males have none.
- Pregnant female creature cannot be turned into a PixBlock.
- Always be prepared for having more than one baby creature to be born upon incubation or gestation. There is a chance to have twins and triplets, so be sure to supply with plenty of feed.
- Claimed babies are tied only to the claimer. Other members from the same tribe as the claimer can help feed the babies, but can not help with finishing the imprinting tasks.
- Pre-adult creatures are very fragile. They are neither able to fight nor to be turned into PixBlocks.
- Added Radio, craftable at level 55.
- Added Highly Efficient Gasoline, craftable at level 70 in PVE and level 80 in PVP.
Balancing and Changes
- Added breeding information in Handbook to indicate whether this species breeds by gestation or incubation.
- Added mutation information inside the creature’s inventory screen. Mousing over the text will show how many times the parents have mutated.
- Added exchange max limit of 60 times per day per character for Sharp Crystal in Goblin Trading Center.
- Enabled scrolling to view cut-off texts in Encyclopedia screen.
- Changed the visuals for accessing the action wheel by pressing E.
That's it Explorers. We will see you on the other side!
-The PixARK Community Team